GMC is the first and best place to come to for public affairs and communications support
GMC Ltd trades as DevoConnect the UK’s premier public affairs agency operating across the UK.
DevoConnect is Gill Morris’ new agency which provides clients with best public affairs expertise, advice and support. We believe that you need our professional public affairs and communications to guide you through the new political landscape.
We are not just about Devolution. We combine traditional Westminster and Whitehall public affairs services with our local knowledge and insight. We bridge the gap between national and devolved decision making. We win support, build advocacy, influence national policy and change minds.
By working with the best public affairs and communications professionals, DevoConnect puts together the best team to match your communications needs wherever you want to influence and shape the debate.
Whether you operate in or out of London, DevoConnect is the first and best place to come for UK-wide public affairs and communications support. We understand politics.
We apply creative and original thought to help you meet your campaign and communications objectives. Our approach and principles deliver success.
Gill Morris, CIPR
Gill Morris, CIPR, founder of Connect Communications and described as “the most influential woman” in public affairs has over 30 years’ experience and is widely recognised for her achievements in redefining public affairs, increasing lobbying transparency and improving public affairs practices in the UK.
Gill is a Fellow of the CIPR, was the first winner of the Public Affairs Awards for Outstanding Contribution and Douglas Smith Lifetime Achievement Award. There are few, if any, communications professionals who have been acknowledged by the industry in this way.
Gill’s proudest achievements include:
- Winning the CIPR Excellence and PRWeek awards for best public affairs campaigns
- Working with BAAF to amend the Adoption and Children’s Act to allow unmarried couples the right to adopt
- Creating a coalition: the Campaign for Local Policing which successfully changed the Government’s mind and fought off Police funding cuts and planned restructuring
Other award winning and highly commended campaigns include:
- Created the grass roots Fair Pint campaign to protect tied publicans across the country struggling to survive united to get a fair deal and statutory code
- Winning the Public Affairs News Award for best Party Conference activities and events
If you need help with your communications and public affairs always come to DevoConnect first.