Where next for devolution? The case for further devolution will be central as the Government focuses on delivering its ‘levelling up’ and ‘build back better’ agendas. The Prime Minister recently set out his vision to ‘Empower strong local leaders by taking a more flexible approach to devolution with new County Deals’, and there have been suggestions from Government that the North is in line for at least three more mayoralties in Cumbria and Yorkshire. More detail is expected to be contained in the highly-anticipated Levelling Up White Paper.
We will see further devolution of power and a shift away from Westminster-centric politics and control. Are you ready?
If you are in public affairs and political communications, anticipating these changes and maintaining organisational agility will be crucial to successful influencing and engagement. This unique Masterclass will make you re-think your public affairs approach and give you the information you need to negotiate this rapidly changing landscape and truly master the politics of English devolution.
The session will help you address these key questions:
- Where next for English Devolution as a part of levelling up?
- What difference have the Metro Mayors made?
- Who’s who? Who are the Metro Mayors and what do they want?
- Have the Metro Mayors delivered on their pledges and how do they work?
- How can you build leverage, engage with, and influence the Metro Mayoral agendas?
- How do the Metro Mayors interact with local Government in their areas and across the country?
- How could County Deals re-shape local Government?
Don’t miss out and join the multi-award winning Gill Morris, Chief Executive of DevoConnect, for some top tips and insight. Find out more here.