The Devolution Masterclass
14th & 16th May 10:00-12:30
Training Clubhouse, 8 St James’s Square, London, SW1Y 4JU
One year to go? Are you prepared for the Metro Mayoral elections?
Devolution is here to stay. 21 million people are already served by an elected Mayor, and a ninth English Metro Mayor for the North of Tyne will be elected in May. With national politics paralysed by Brexit, the case for further devolution of powers away from Westminster has never been stronger. There is already a consensus among regional leaders that the London-dominated political debate cannot and will not continue after we have left the EU. Devolution of power has created huge changes in British politics already, and there will be further disruption of power in 2019 and beyond. Anticipating these changes, and maintaining organisational agility, is crucial to successful engagement in the years ahead.
This unique Masterclass will give you the insight and information needed to negotiate this rapidly changing landscape and master the politics of English devolution
We will explore:
- Where next for English Devolution?
- Who’s who? Who are the Metro Mayors and what do they want?
- How do the Metro Mayors work and have they delivered on their pledges?
- How do the Metro Mayors interact with local government in their areas and across the country?
- What difference have the Metro Mayors made?
- How do you build leverage, engage with, and influence the Metro Mayoral agendas?
This DevoConnect Training course is delivered by devolution exerts and award winning communicators:
Gill Morris, Chief Executive, DevoConnect Steve Barwick, Director, DevoConnect
London, 14th May, 10:00 – 12:30
Cost: £200 private sector £150 voluntary/public sector
Manchester, 16th May 10:00 – 12:30
Cost: £15o private sector £100 voluntary/public sector
BOOK HERE - LONDON BOOK HERE - MANCHESTER