Introduction to Public Affairs
5th December 10:00 - 12:30
The Clubhouse, 8 St James’s Square, London, SW1Y 4JU
Unprecedented times in UK politics means that you need to know the basic principles of public affairs. This training session provides the perfect introduction for anyone new to the sector and for others who want to take stock of how political decision making is changing. Brexit, devolution and social media have all had an impact on ‘traditional’ lobbying and how to gain influence and effect change. We will guide you through the current political landscape and give you the tools you need to help you deliver creative and proactive public affairs programmes.
Hear from our award-winning consultants Gill Morris and Steve Barwick who together have more than 60 years’ experience of delivering strategic political communications advice.
During this session you will:
- Build a good understanding of UK public affairs
- Be updated on the current state of UK politics and what it means
- Understand the basics of UK political decision making including the impact of Brexit on public affairs
- Learn new ways to engage with Parliament, Government and Whitehall
- Find out about the tactics and tools you can deploy to deliver in public affairs
This DevoConnect Training course is delivered by leading devolution experts and award winning communicators:
Gill Morris, Chief Executive, DevoConnect Steve Barwick, Director, DevoConnect
London, 5th December
£200 private sector £150 voluntary/public sector