Salary: £30,000 – £35,000 dependent on experience
Committed to, and knowledgeable about, devolution in England? With 2020 set to see a boom in “devo deals” across England, DevoConnect is looking for the ideal candidate to help develop our growing business.
DevoConnect is a unique public affairs agency, led by leading lobbyist Gill Morris. It works to shape, inform and influence the UK policy landscape and decision-making processes. We are on a mission to see greater powers and resources devolved away from Westminster and Whitehall.
We are leaders in devolved campaigns including regional APPGs. We also have a number of national clients focused on Westminster and Whitehall. In both cases we are the experts in building strategic coalitions and consensus and delivering engagement and influence.
We want to hear from candidates who have proven public affairs and communications skills. If you are an ambitious and dynamic individual who has the experience and expertise to help win clients and grow DevoConnect’s business, then please get in touch.
You will be an integral member of the DevoConnect Executive Team leading on a variety of APPGs, campaigns, events and other projects, as well as editing and overseeing DevoIntelligence, our monthly news and views digest. You should have:
- Demonstrable experience and expertise in politics and public affairs including a commitment to devolution and localism; worked in consultancy or succeeded in a similar role
- Track record of client management and growth as well as winning new clients
- Ability to help identify new business opportunities in the new political climate
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including writing op-ed pieces, conducting research and drafting reports
- Strong organisational skills: an ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office: knowledge of creative software such as Adobe, web editing e.g. WordPress, or marketing tools would be beneficial
We are based in Manchester and positively encourage applications from those who have either lived or have worked in the North. However, the nature of our business means that you will be required to travel to cities across England and frequently to Westminster.
This is advertised as a full time position, but for the right candidate some flexibility can be offered so we encourage you to apply and discuss at interview.
Closing Date: 2 March 2020
Interviews will take place on Monday 9th March 2020.
Please send your CV and a covering letter to Emily Carter at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will notify unsuccessful candidates.